KINDERGARTEN AND NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
***Please use the Chrome Browser when registering***
*Kindergarten and new student registration practices will comply with current physical distancing guidelines directed by the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) and the Arkansas Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).
NEW STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE THESE DOCUMENTS:
- PROOF OF RESIDENCY (see Registration Information below to check what kind of document is acceptable)
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE (see Registration Information below if a Birth Certificate is not available)
- IMMUNIZATION RECORDS
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARD (if you choose not to provide, a state issued number will be assigned)
- Kindergarten physical and immunization record is required for kindergarten entry (& prek).
IF YOU WISH TO UPLOAD THESE DOCUMENTS, YOU MAY DO SO DURING YOUR ONLINE REGISTRATION.
IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO UPLOAD THESE DOCUMENTS, YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE THESE TO THE DISTRICT REGISTRAR'S OFFICE (located in the Prairie Grove School Administraton office at 102 E. Buchanan St. Prairie Grove, AR) The Drop Box located in the exterior lobby on the south side can be used after business hours. Please leave only copies of these documents and use the envelopes provided so that all of documents stay together.
DO NOT LEAVE THE ORIGINALS OF THESE DOCUMENTS IN THE DROP BOX.
REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL ALL DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN PROVIDED AND YOUR POWER SCHOOL ONLINE ENROLLMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE DISTRICT REGISTRAR.
- Click the above link.
- You will be asked to create an account with a username and password.
- IMPORTANT: Write down the username and password you created for future use.
- Follow the instructions to register your student.
After you submit your student's registration online, the record will be processed and reviewed by the District Registrar. If there are any problems with your registration, you will be contacted by the District Registrar.
What is the primary way to register my kindergarten or new student?
You can register your kindergarten or new student online beginning July 13th. Kindergarten students must be 5 by August 1, 2020.
Are enrollment documents required to finalize registration?
Yes, enrollment documents are required to finalize registration.
What are the enrollment documents required for kindergarten or new student registration?
- The parent, legal guardian, person having lawful control of the student, or person standing in loco parentis shall furnish the child’s social security number, or if they request, the district will assign the child a nine (9) digit number designated by the Division of Elementary and Secondary education.
- The parent, legal guardian, person having lawful control of the student, or person standing in loco parentis shall provide the district with one (1) of the following documents indicating the child’s age:
- A birth certificate;
- A statement by the local registrar or a county recorder certifying the child’s date of birth;
- An attested baptismal certificate;
- A passport;
- An affidavit of the date and place of birth by the child’s parent, legal guardian, person having lawful control of the student, or person standing in loco parentis;
- United States military identification; or
- Previous school records.
- In accordance with Policy 4.57—IMMUNIZATIONS, the child shall be age appropriately immunized or have an exemption issued by the Arkansas Department of Health.
- If you have or will be checking the 504 or Court Order boxes documentation will need to be uploaded/provided.
What proof of residence documentation is accepted?
- One of the following:
- A current utility bill (within 30 days), gas or electric, showing the name and address of the student’s legal guardian within the attendance zone of the school to attend. If this is provided, no other documentation is needed.
- A home purchase contract including a specific closing date with a copy of the deed to be provided within 90 days.
- Home visit to the address for verification by a designated school official.
- Families living in a situation where these documents are in another persons name will need to provide a signed written statement from the residence provider attesting to the family living at the address along with a utility bill in the owner’s name. The letter will need to be provided to the District Registrar where a Resident Statement affidavit can be signed and notarized for the parent/guardian swearing to the claimed living address. Any student qualifying for McKinney-Vento homeless benefits will receive those benefits as outlined by federal law.
- An approved School Choice application/letter.
- Documentation of an approved transfer within the district.
- Documentation of approved legal transfers between the resident and receiving district.
How do I register my student without internet services at home?
- The District will be providing an onsite online registration for those without internet services at home. If you are needing this service, please contact the Registrar at email@example.com or Click Here to schedule a time to register.
- Is there any other information I need to know about Kindergarten or New Student Registration?
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, parents are encouraged to come alone to complete online registration.
- Please practice social distancing by remaining six feet apart, do not gather in groups of more than 10 people, and bring a mask that must be worn while inside the building.
Who can I connect with?
- If you have questions about kindergarten or new student registration, please contact the District Registrar using the email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (479) 846-4213 ext 3414.
102 E Buchanan St
Prairie Grove, Ar 72753
(479) 846 - 4213 ext. 3414